Combine the flavors of East and West with these Asian Style Tacos. These tacos are quick easy flavor bombs that can be made quickly for a healthy weeknight dinner.
Asian Style Tacos | Ginger Miso Slaw
These Asian inspired tacos are a flavor explosion and an Oh-so- easy weeknight dinner. You can make a whole chicken yourself or save even more time and pick up a rotisserie chicken.
Follow along as we combine the flavors of Asia and Mexico for a really tasty tacos.
Live Online Cooking Classes
To learn more interesting recipes check out my weekly live cooking classes.
If you would like to join a cooking class sign up for a free week of classes.
Asian Style Tacos with Ginger Miso Slaw
- Miso Ginger Slaw Ingredients:
- 1 small head of cabbage shredded (about 3-4 cups)*
- 1 red pepper finally diced 1/2 bunch of cilantro diced
- Thai Chili or Jalapeño - optional
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic 1 tsp grated ginger or ginger paste
- Chicken Taco Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken rotisserie chicken or whole cooked chicken
- Soy Taco Sauce
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Corn tortillas
- Chicken Filling Ingredients:
- Fresh chopped cilantro Sliced radishes Avocado
- Slaw Instructions
- In a mixing bowl add the prepared vegetables. In a blender add all the dressing ingredients. You can also add these to a bowl and mix by hand but I like the smooth texture the blender gives the sauce. If mixing by hand make sure to crush or microplane the garlic so that it’s well incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded cabbage and other chopped vegetables and allow them to sit and marinade while you prepare the rest of the taco elements.
- Chicken Filling Instructions
- Pull the meat from a cooked chicken. If using a rotisserie chicken pull the skin off and put it aside. Place the chicken meat in to a mixing bowl. Personally I like using the skin because it has a crispy texture and a lot of flavor. I chop it into fine pieces and add it the chicken.
- Mix the sauce in a blender and pour it over the chicken and stir to coat it.
- Prepare the garnishes. Thinly slice radishes and chop cilantro. Heat corn tortillas on the stove till they are warm and pliable.
- Assembling the Tacos:
- Take the warmed tortillas and fill them with chicken. Top with the claw. Sprinkle with cilantro and top with radishes and avocado.
- Serve warm.
© 2021 This recipe is prepared by Bonvivantfoodandwine.com