Restaurant quality Pad Thai is easier than you think. In the time in takes for door-dash to arrive you can make am amazing Pad Thai all on your own.
Easy Pad Thai | Easy as Take Out
Pad Thai is one of those dishes that’s like magic. By that I mean when I taste it isn’t not something you can pick the flavors out of and dissect the way I do other dishes. The flavors mix and merry to the point where they are no longer their individual tastes but something new and different. Each ingredient is something bigger and better in the mix than it could ever be on it’s own. Because of that for a long time I was intimidated by Pad Thai thinking it must be very complicated.
However once I learned the ingredients I found that it is shockingly simple. In the time it takes order take-out you can be well on your way to making an easy and excellent Pad Thai.
Live Online Cooking Classes
To learn more interesting recipes check out my weekly live cooking classes.
If you would like to join a cooking class sign up for a free week of classes.
- 8 ounces rice noodles
1 lb Chicken Shrimp or Beef 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (whole ginger root or ginger paste)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup Mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
avocado, or other high heat oil as needed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 medium egg
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Mung bean sprouts
- Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1.5 Cup Tamarind
1/4 C Fish Sauce
2/3 C Palm or Brown Sugar
Juice of one lime
1 Inch piece of ginger, or 1tsp of Ginger paste
- 1. Boil 4 cups of water and pour over noodles. Let set 30 mins
- Once you start stir frying it goes really quick so have everything ready!
- Prepare Pad Thai Sauce and set aside.
- Prep Ingredients. Grate the carrot, chop the broccoli, Cube the chicken, mince the cilantro. Have all the ingredients arranged and organized near your wok.
- Coat a large wok or skillet with oil over medium high heat. When wok begins to smoke, add chicken and sauté.
- Next add more oil if needed add egg and scramble. Then add carrot and broccoli and sauté. Add garlic and sauce.
- Lastly add the noodles and the sauce. Allow the noodles to absorb the sauce then stir fry to coat noodles with the sauce. Once cooked turn off heat. Add cilantro, bean sprouts and peanuts as the lest step. Serve with a lime wedge.
© 2021 This recipe is prepared by Bonvivantfoodandwine.com