Salmon in Dijon Cream Sauce with Pasta is an easy salmon recipe that is ready in a flash and excellent with a nice crisp white wine.
Salmon in Dijon Cream Sauce | Easy Salmon Pasta
If you’re looking for an easy salmon recipe look no further than this meal with sophisticated flavors that don’t take a lot of time to develop. This recipe is delicious and creamy. What’s even better is my kids love it so it’s a meal that thrills the whole family.
One of the star ingredients of this recipe is the tarragon used to flavor the sauce. Tarragon is often used in French sauces and has a sweet, slightly anise (or licorice) flavor. When used in this cream sauce along with French mustard and herbs, it creates a luscious sauce that clings beautifully to the egg pasta.
My favorite brand of egg pasta is Grand Mere. I love that they use quality organic ingredients. https://grandmereusa.com/en-us . For a gluten free version you can replace with gluten free pasta or serve over mashed potatoes.
Live Online Cooking Classes
To learn more interesting recipes check out my weekly live cooking classes.
If you would like to join a cooking class sign up for a free week of classes.
Salmon in a Dijon Sauce with Pasta
- 2-3 lbs salmon, cut into individual fillets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 /4 c dry white wine
- 1.5 tbs French mustard
- 1.5 c grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pt heavy cream
- 1 c spinach
- 2 tbsp tarragon, minced 1 tbsp chives, minced salt to taste
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Step 2: In an oven-proof skillet, melt butter. Add minced shallots and garlic and sauté with salt. Once the onions and garlic are soft, add 1/4 c white wine and let is cook down for about 10 mins.
- Step 3: Add tomato halves and let them sauté and soften for about 10 mins. Next, add 1 pt cream along with the mustard, minced herbs, and spinach. Simmer for 5 mins to wilt spinach.
- Step 4: Once the sauce has cooked together, add the salmon pieces to the skillet and place in the oven to continue cooking for 10-15 mins. Be sure not to overcook because the salmon will become dry.
- Step 5: While salmon is cooking, boil water and add past noodles. Step 6: Once the salmon is cooked, serve together and enjoy.
© 2021 This recipe is prepared by Bonvivantfoodandwine.com