If you’ve been paying attention, you’ve noticed Shakshuka popping up on restaurant menus. It’s become a Brunch favorite. What is Shakshuka you ask? It’s eggs poached in a flavorful tomato sauce. The dish is popular across the Mid-East and North Africa. Italy also has a version called Eggs in Purgatory with a fiery hot tomato sauce.
This version however celebrates the flavors of Southern France. It combines the classic flavors of Provence bright tomato sauce, with fresh basil, salty olives, and creamy soft French cheese. Oh, don’t forget the crusty bread for sopping up all the lovely sauce.
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- 4-6 eggs
- Olives Sliced
- Thyme and Rosemary Fresh or dried
- 3 tbs Pesto
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Zucchini
- Optional Toppings:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Serve with Crusty Bread
- Enjoy this Southern French take on poached eggs in a flavorful tomato sauce. This dish combines the classic fresh flavors or Provence with soft poached eggs. It’s perfect for brunch or light lunch.
- This recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Step 1: Pour the entire jar of pasta sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Step 2: Stir in other ingredients.
- Step 3: Crack 4-6 eggs on top of the tomato sauce mixture.
- Step 4: Cook 1-3 minutes under pressure depending on your desired doneness of the yolk. Instantly release pressure.
- Step 5: Serve with your desired toppings and crusty bread for dipping in sauce.
© 2020 This recipe is prepared by Bonvivantfoodandwine.com