When people ask me, what’s the first thing I should make in my Instant Pot, this recipe is always my answer. It’s embarrassingly simple but also incredibly tasty. What I also like about this recipe is it teaches a technique of using rice and meat to cook at the same time to create a tasty bowl that can be topped with fresh ingredients. In this version we use hummus, cucumber, and tomatoes to create a mid-east flavor profile. However this same technique can be used to make a taco bowl, or an Indian bowl, or a Chinese take-out bowl. The options are really limitless. I hope you enjoy this simple but tasty recipe.
Chicken Shawarma Bowl Instant Pot
This is an excellent recipe if you're using your instant pot for the first time and want to try an easy no fail recipe. If you enjoy the flavors of shawarma, this bowl is for you. What makes it great are the fresh toppings, like cucumber, tomato, garlic paste, hummus and such. Enjoy piling on the toppings.
Please write notes here....
- I lb cubed boneless chicken breasts or thighs (sub lamb)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup broth or water
- 2 tbs shawarma Seasoning
- Fresh parsley minced
- Fresh Toppings
- Fresh toppings are what make this simple bowl shine.
- Top bowl with fresh ingredients like:
- Garlic Sauce
- Yogurt Sauce
- Feta Cheese
- (This the simplest thing I know how to make in the instant pot.)
- Turn on the instant pot's sauté feature and start to cook the meat. Pour a tiny bit of oil in the pot to sauté.
- Add the seasoning and coat the meat while cooking. Salt your meat.
- Do not over cook the chicken, just slightly cook until it’s starting to turn white but is not cooked through.
- Add your rice and broth. Mix to make sure rice is submerged. Use the back of a spatula to press the rice into the liquid if necessary.
- Cook 5 mins under pressure and let sit for 5 mins.
- What really makes the bowl are the fresh ingredients you add to it. Have on hand fresh tomatoes and cucumber, with hummus and any other fresh toppings you’ll enjoy.
© 2021 This recipe is prepared by Bonvivantfoodandwine.com